M’lup Russey is seeking 2 qualified Cambodian national to fill in the following position:
Social Worker – based in the office in Phnom Penh
The Social Workers will be full-time positions, working with young people who have been socially excluded or families and communities which are experiencing a crisis. Their role is to provide support to enable service users in foster families to help themselves and plan for long term community living arrangements. They maintain professional relationships with service users, acting as guides, advocates or critical friends.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate records using case management system and case file documents
- Conduct interviews with service users to assess and review their situation
- Regularly visit service users
- Offer information and counseling support to service users
- Organize and managing packages of support to enable service users to lead the fullest lives possible
- Recommend to Emergency Foster Family Model Coordinator about the best course of action for a particular service user
- Liaise with, and making referrals to, other key boundary partners
- Follow up service users post long term placement
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings, for example, child protection, mental health
- Prepare monthly reports
- Arrange quarterly Big Five meetings and take minutes
- Prepare activity plans and organizational learning tools for M&E purposes
- Assess families according to agreed protocols
- Support emergency foster family welfare
- Participate in training, supervision and team meetings.
- Use participatory methods to encourage community ownership and decision making
- Plan and implement follow-up, monitoring and evaluation procedures using participatory methods
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports
- Work closely with other M’lup Russey Social Work Technical Support workers and manager
- Represent M’lup Russey at meetings
- Attend team meetings and play an active role in team life
- Degree in social work
- Extensive experience in social and community work
- Knowledge of community organizations and social service programs
- Ability to engage and diffuse crisis situations
- Ability to work effectively with adolescents, families, professionals and other personnel from
a wide range of cultural, social and economic backgrounds.
- Good command of English and able to translate from English to Khmer
- Computer spreadsheet and database word processing skills
- Ability to take initiative
- Experience in small group facilitation and participatory approaches
- Experience of teamwork
- Counseling skills desirable
- Very good understanding of alternative child care issues
- Willing to travel and stay for short periods outside Phnom Penh
- Good interpersonal and personal management skills
- Ability and willingness to follow and apply M’lup Russey’s Christian values
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates should send a full written application with contact information, no later than 31st Jan 2020 to M’lup Russey Office, House #4F and 5F, Street 26BT, Phoum Thnort Chrum, Sangkat Beong Tumpun, Khan Mean Chey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Office phone: (855) 078 222 660 or email email@example.com
Application forms are available at our website www.mluprussey.org.kh.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A CV will not be accepted as an application form.
The successful candidate will be required to fully comply with the national staff policy manual, as well as our child protection policy. M’lup Russey is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org