We support all levels of authorities so that they have the capacity to offer better care for the protection of vulnerable children and to help families to live in community in peace and safety. We want to raise awareness and strengthen the capacity of the authorities and relevant organisations, cooperating as well as giving support to the alternative care policies, procedures, standards and guidelines issued by the Royal Government of Cambodia.
Key authorities cooperate in all activities and support the relationship between M’lup Russey and all levels of those authorities to continue improving in order to change behaviour and attitudes towards seeing all policies having the best interests of children. We would like to help everyone understand and support Cambodia’s alternative care policies, procedures, standards and guidelines issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation, in order to protect orphans and vulnerable children, and have best practices in case management. To reach our Authority Support goals, we:
- Actively participate in working groups of the National Multi-Sectoral Orphans and Vulnerable Children Task Force of the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation, to resolve together challenges and issues faced every day by orphans and vulnerable children across Cambodia.
- Cooperate and partner with relevant authorities and organizations to provide practical solutions to children and young people in crisis.
- Coordinate and partner with local authorities and organisations to support the implementation of the Family Reunification Programme.
We support the Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY) in implementing a system to monitor and evaluate orphans and vulnerable children in 5 provinces across Cambodia: Battambang, Pursat, Kampong Chhnang, Takeo and Kratie. This system monitors, evaluates and maps important foundational services offered to orphans and vulnerable children and their families, in order to report against the national strategic plan.
- We provide technical training of the M&E system to officials of the District Social Affairs offices and to other MoSVY officials in order to increase knowledge and reinforce capacity.
- We participate in meetings with technical officials from the Ministry and the district offices to provide guidance and support to ensure reliability and accuracy in gathering information for the quarterly reports.
We work to support the understanding of the sub-national officers who come from agencies such as NGOs and commune councils from our target provinces about:
- The Standards and Guidelines for the Care, Support and Protection of Orphans and Vulnerable Children, and the procedures for the Policy on Alternative Care for Children.
- Advocating for the needs of orphans and vulnerable children by helping services providers to understand the issues and take responsibility for solutions, by including them in the strategic plans of both NGOs and communes as well as passing the messages on to the communities.
- Encouraging the inclusion of finances into the strategic plans of the communes and the community development plans, in order that the help will reach children and families in their districts and communes.